Foot Specialist To Help You With All of Your Needs.
Why Choose Foot Sensation as your Custom Orthotics provider?
- Complimentary biomechanical assessment and gait analysis by Certified Pedorthists and Chiropody interns (value of $65)
- Many health care professionals offer custom orthotics but Certified Pedorthists are the most qualified to do so
- We manufacture the custom orthotics in our on-site laboratory. Most orthotics providers will scan or cast your feet and send to a third party laboratory. We control the process from A to Z to ensure personalized service of higher quality with a much quicker turnaround.
- We spend more time to make sure we not only understand the issues but also the individual’s lifestyle.
- We spend an average 45 minutes and often more to assess your issues based on your needs and lifestyle. Are you a hiker, a dancer, a dog walker, all of the above, we will find out and we will develop a solution for your needs.
- The success of custom orthotics relies partly on science of biomechanics and partly on the art of fitting. We master the science with the latest technologies and we are passionate about getting the right fit.
- Our prices are very competitive, no middleman
- Better after sale service. We made them, we can adjust them quickly. Though we aim to make your custom orthotics work right from the moment you first wear them, sometimes adjustments are needed.
- You need not wait weeks to book an appointment or be without orthotics for weeks because they were sent back to the production lab, you can just walk in and we will either be able to make adjustments that same day or within a few days.
- We make thousands of orthotics every year, and we have been doing so for over 10 years. We are very proud of our exceptional rate of success of 99.9%.
- We work diligently to make you happy and pain free as quickly as possible.
- We carry the widest selection of orthotic friendly comfort & fashion footwear in the GTA
- Recognized by all extended Heath insurance plans
What is a Certified Pedorthist?
A Certified Pedorthist is trained in the manufacturing, fitting and modification of custom orthotics, foot appliances and footwear for the purpose of alleviating painful or debilitating conditions.
A Certified Pedorthist provides both footwear and devices to assist in:
• accommodation of foot deformities
• realignment of anatomical structures, improvement of balance, control of biomechanical function and accommodation of special circulatory requirements.
Why Choose a Certified Pedorthist?
While other foot professionals deal with biomechanical and soft tissue, foot care issues such as ingrown toe nails, callus removal and skin conditions, we are the only recognized professions trained specifically in the areas of biomechanics, footwear, shoe modifications and custom orthotic construction.
There are constant developments in the design of footwear each new development is carefully researched. The latest is the rocker bottom shoes such as the Finn Comfort- Finnamic and X-Sensible. Although these new design improvements will benefit many it is important to remember they are not for all. This is where a professional in the footwear industry comes in. After careful assessment of needs and lifestyle, they can determine the suitability of each brand for you and your feet.
Custom made Orthopedic Footwear
Custom made orthopedic footwear is commonly prescribed for more severe foot deformities or people who simply cannot fit in off the shelf footwear. They are constructed using a cast of the individuals foot and ankle and are constructed from raw materials. The process usually takes four to eight weeks from time of assessment. Our Certified Pedorthists have extensive experience in the design and construction of Custom Orthopedic footwear.
Occasionally individuals with certain foot conditions will benefit from having their shoes Modified. These Modifications address specific biomechanical abnormalities of the foot. They can be as simple as adding extra arch support or stretching the shoes for Bunions or as complicated as a complete rebuild of the shoe. Our Experienced Pedorthists will assess your condition and make recommendations as to which if any of the many modifications possible would help solve your issues.