Conditions & Treatments
Suffering from foot or lower limb pain or discomfort? Learn about commonly diagnosed lower limb conditions including the causes, symptoms, and recommended treatments related to foot, knee, leg, and ankle pain.
- Achilles tendonitis- causes inflammation and degeneration of the achilles tendon.
- Bunions - Bunionettes- referred to in the medical community as Hallux Valgus, are one of the most common problems.
- Back pain- Back pain, can be lessened by stabilizing the subtalar joint.
- Calluses- callus formation is the body’s defense mechanism to protect the foot against excessive pressure.
- Hammer toes- is a toe that is contracted at the middle joint of the toe.
- Heel spurs- develops as an abnormal growth of the heel bone.
- Foot care & Diabetes- Proper foot care is especially critical for diabetics.
- Morton Neuroma- is a common foot problem associated with pain, swelling, and/or an inflammation of a nerve.
- The diabetic foot- People with diabetes should pay special attention to their feet.
- Plantar fasciitis- is an inflammation caused by excessive stretching of the plantar fascia.
- Over-Pronation- or flat feet, is a common problem that occurs in the walking process when a person’s arch collapses.
- Supination- is a severe “raised arch” of the foot.
- Shin Splints- Shin splints are a common lower extremity complaint, especially among runners and other athletes.
- Metatarsalgia- is a general term used to denote a painful foot condition in the metatarsal region of the foot.
- Neuropathy - can cause insensitivity or a loss of ability to feel pain, heat, and cold.